These delicious, bake-free doughnuts not only look good but are good for you. Now that’s a real treat!
Choose any of our mushroom powders to add for that extra hit of goodness. They store in the fridge for up to 5 days so are a great addition to a lunchbox.
- Soak dates in hot water, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain, then place them in the food processor until a smooth date paste.
- Add all nuts to the food processor until combined and mostly smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including the mushroom powder) and pulse until the mixture is well combined and holds together. If it’s not holding together, add a splash of water which will make it stickier.
- Using wet fingers, press the mixture into doughnut moulds. Place in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- To make the icing, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth then pour into a bowl.
- Dip the doughnuts into the icing and place on a tray and back in the freezer for a further 15 minutes. For thicker icing, double dip and add coconut flakes for decoration before placing in the freezer.